Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer


Preventing Interference with SaskPower Lines and Equipment

SaskPower often finds that when landowner’s are developing on their properties,  it ends up being a hazard or an encroachment with our powerlines.  We have put together some information sheets for landowners developing on their property to help prevent and inform customer of these issues.

Home Owner Renovations and Landscaping – Quick Reference Guide

Preventing Interference with SaskPower Lines and Equipment 

2018 Shelterbelt Tree Program

Please find in attachment the application form for the 2018 Shelterbelt Tree Program.

Hi Everyone!
2017 has been quite  a year with drought in the southern portions of the prairies and the end of bus STC services in Saskatchewan.  But we all got through it!

  • Shipping for fall tree orders will work as follows: 
    For Saskatchewan orders you have the option of Jay’s truck shipping to Jay’s depots in major centers in Saskatchewan.  You can pick up at HELP’s Weyburn Tree Farm at no shipping cost except 2.5 cents per tree for packaging
  • For Manitoba and Alberta orders you have the option of pick up in Weyburn OR ….in last week of September to 1st week of October HELP’s truck will deliver your trees to a Greyhound Station on the Saskatchewan border and dispatch your trees to a bus depot of your choice for your pick up there.
  • Minimum shipping charge deliveries will be $50 with per tree shipping price at 25 cents per tree.

All customers: if you pick up from our tree farm near Weyburn then there will be no shipping charge (except for 2.5 cents per tree packaging) and will receive 10% free bonus trees of customer choice. 

There is a wealth of tree information and shelterbelt planning advice on our website:

Download and complete the Order Form by clicking HERE

Please contact me should you require further information.

Rodney Sidloski, CEO

HELP International

Tel: 306-842-2433


Development Permits, Requirements and Maps

Development Permits Required

Under the provisions of the Municipality’s Zoning By-law 2002-02, Development Permits are required  for any development within the Municipality. A development is defined as “the carrying out of any building, engineering, mining or other operations in, on or over land, or making of any material change in the use of any building or land.”  Please contact the Municipal Office should you have a question regarding a development and if a permit is required.

You may also look up the By-law section and review section 2.3 of the Zoning By-law 2002-02 and amendments to determine if a Development Permit is required.

Development of or expansion of a gravel pit:

Please note that a Development Permit is required for the opening or expansion of a gravel pit or extraction operation.  Under Provincial legislation, a heritage sensitive area may require an impact assessment study, under the Heritage Property Act. For further information contact Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport. 1-308-787-2817. You may also view the on-line screening tool at  Please view Heritage Sensitive lands within the Municipality of Lipton. See Map

Should development be near a watercourse, Jumping Deer Creek and its many tributaries, as part of the development process, contact should be made with Saskatchewan Water Security , Agency in Yorkton, SK. 1-306-786-1490.


RM of Lipton Heritage Sensitivity Map 11 x 17 (2)