The Rural Municipality of Lipton No.211 is currently accepting applications from self-motivated individuals for the permanent, full time position of GRADER OPERATOR SEASONAL
The RM of Lipton No. 217
Council advises you to please not enter the Municipal Office if you:
- Are experiencing any of the following symptoms(mild or sever) such as a fever, a cough, difficult breathing/shortness of breath
- Have travelled to any area with an ongoing spread of COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- Live with someone or have been in contact with someone who recently travelled to an area with an ongoing spread of COVl-19 and/or are experiencing symptoms similar to COVID-19
- It is our recommendation to call the office 306-336-2244 should you require information or e-mail our office firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond.
- The office does not have a large area and the distance for people separation is difficult to accommodate
Thank you for your co-operation in keeping our community safe.
Reeve Corey Senft and Council
RM COUNCIL CONSIDERING A RURAL WASTE MANAGEMENT COLLECTION PROGRAM
Council is seeking feedback or an expression of interest from our residents as to the implantation of a Rural Waste Management Collection Program.
Upon receiving feedback the Council will proceed to the next step, that being obtaining costs associated with the service, the options available as to frequency of pick-up, cost per pick-up size of containers, cost associated with different size containers and other information relating to the service that you as a resident may have to assist you in your decision making.
The waste items that are acceptable to be disposed of in the containers are standard household and yard waste. These items include:
-small appliances (toasters, coffee pots, microwaves)
-small furnishings (lamps, stools, pictures, wall hangings)
-shrubs/small branches, generic yard waste
-small construction goods (wood, metal, glass, insulation, plastics)
Prohibited items MUST be disposed of in a different manner these items include:
-medium to large furniture and appliances, mattresses
-hazardous materials (paint, oil, filters, tires)
-concrete, shingles, gravel/dirt
Not acceptable items are defined by the Landfill operators and the Environmental Regulations under legislation of the Province or Federal Government.
Should you be interested in the waste collection program, please respond by October 31, 2018, a phone call will work, 306-336-2244 or e-mail email@example.com. Thanks.
Update on 2018 Budget and Taxes:
The taxes for 2018 will not be increased, and will remain the same rates as in 2017. The highlights of the budget are we are clay-capping 7 miles of road, which has commenced and should be completed by the end of July. We are crushing 20 thousand yard of gravel. The Cat grader was replaced this year.