This fall, the Saskatchewan Safety Council will continue to offer the Mature Driver Refresher Course (55 Alive) completely free of charge to residents of southern Saskatchewan who are 55 years of age and older.
These completely free 6-hour sessions are strictly informational and offered in a positive, open class environment. The driver’s license of participants is not affected and there are no required examinations.
Training increases confidence and provides insight into how to adapt your driving habits based on the physical changes the body goes through as it matures.
Topics covered include:
- Normal driving situations such as intersections, following distance, maintaining an open “gate” around your vehicle.
- Hazardous driving environments such as skids, head on collisions, hydroplaning and how to protect yourself while driving.
- Traffic guidance such as sign recognition and pavement marking.
- Review of safety devices such as seat belts and air bag.
- Medication awareness, vision and effective use of your eyes.
Below is a list of communities and dates. Advance registration is required through the associations or groups hosting the event. Details such as time, location and lunch information will be provided when registering. Registration contacts may be found at www.sasksafety.org
Ponteix: September 18, 2018
Swift Current: September 19, 2018
Arcola: September 21, 2018
Moose Jaw: October 3, 2018
Assiniboia: October 5, 2018
Yorkton: October 5, 2018
Moosomin: October 10, 2018
Lemberg: October 11, 2018
Regina: October 12, 2018
Regina: October 14, 2018
Weyburn: October 15, 2018
Pilot Butte: October 17, 2018
Regina: October 31, 2018
New dates and locations are always being added.
The Council is actively seeking new community organizers and host locations throughout southern Saskatchewan. Those who have a location in mind and would like to organize this training for 12 or more closest friends, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org An instructor will be arranged for as well as promotional materials.